These dates are not subject to change unless the organization deems it impossible to carry out the tournament. Only extreme weather and/or unforeseen circumstances will justify changes, which would be informed in a timely manner.
The committee reserves the right to modify the rules at any time and always for the sake of the best operation of the tournament. The production and SURA reserve the right to be able to use the images and videos for advertising purposes without further authorization of the participants of the different tournaments of this circuit.
- 18 holes Stableford (points game).
- Registration will be only through invitations which will be managed by SURA and the production company of the events.
- The index in force in the host country's Golf Federation or its counterpart in another country will be used for each tournament at the closing date of the registration.
- Only those invited by SURA and Protección plus Company’s employees will participate in the Classification Championships
- Only amateur players over 30 years of age with an index issued by the Golf Federation of the host country or their counterpart from another country can participate in the competitions as long as they show the corresponding certificate.
- Gross General
- Net Gentlemen
- Net Ladies
The categories shall consist of at least 8 registered players. The Committee may consolidate two categories into one if there are fewer registrations.
Players will participate in the category corresponding to their age and/or gender except for the Gross General category of which all the participants can participate.
- 1st Gross General
- 1st and 2nd Net Gentlemen
- 1st and 2nd Net Ladies
- Long Drive and Best Approach General
- In addition to prizes above, the winner of the general gross category and the winners (1st and 2nd place) of the categories net gentlemen and net ladies will qualify for the International Grand Final to be disputed in May 2017 in the Riviera Maya Mexico.
- The players who participated in the 2016 International Grand Final played in Cartagena de Indias may not participate in the 2017 Grand Final.
- If a player who has participated in the Grand Final 2016 is the winner of one of the qualifying dates for the Grand Final 2017, the trip will be awarded to the 2nd place in the corresponding category and so on.
- This award is exclusively for High Networth clients having products from Investment Funds, Pension Funds and Life Insurance.
- Winners of any qualifying dates must not be the winners of the Sura Golf Tour 2016 Final, Denisse Schwammenhofer, Werner Lagies Jr. and Nicholas Teuten.
The prize includes:
- Participation in the International Grand Final, including caddy and/or cart.
- Air Tickets in Economy Class from the country where participant qualified - Cancun - country where participant qualified.
- Accommodation for 3 nights at Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel
- Welcome cocktail at the Hotel
- Airport - Hotel
- Hotel - Golf Course - Hotel
- Hotel - Airport
- Award dinner on the day of the International Grand Final.
- No changes of tickets or stay are included in the prize.
- Prizes are not cumulative except for special prizes.
- Prizes will be awarded at the awards dinner once the competition is over.
All results, calendar, photos and news can be seen at /en/regional-events/golf-tour
International Grand Final
- It will be held from 3 to 6 May 2017 in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
- The game will be 18 holes Stroke Play with 80% of the Handicap.
- SURA and Protección’s customers who have qualified in each of the four tournaments played in Montevideo, Santiago de Chile, Asia and Cuidad de México will participate in the International Grand Final. In addition, the four players awarded by draw made for such purposes at each event mentioned above will also participate in the Grand Final. Denisse Schwammenhofer, Werner Lagies Jr. and Nicholas Teuten, winners of the Final of the 1st version of the SURA Golf Tour, will participate in the International Final.
- First place in the general gross category and the first and second places of the categories net Gentlemen and Net Ladies will be awarded at the Grand Final. There will also be special awards for Long Drive General and General Best Approach.
- In case of a tie in any category, the winner will be defined by the best second round which, for these purposes, will consider holes # 10 to # 18 of the scorecard. Should the tie continue, it will be defined by last 6 holes (from hole # 13 to # 18 of the game card). If a tie still exists, the winner will be defined by the last 3 holes (from hole # 16 to # 18 of the scorecard). If the tie persists, the winner will be defined by the outcome of hole # 18 on the scorecard.
- If winners cannot be defined through the results of each individual scorecard, a draw will be made to define the winner. If any classified players cannot participate in the International Grand Final, the seat will be taken by the results on the list of each date.
- Prizes are not cumulative except for special prizes.
- The prizes will be awarded at the awards dinner once the competition is over.
Rules of play
- Those approved by The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews (R & A) and local rules in force.
- Distance measurement systems that only provide this information will be permitted. Information of difference of heights, wind or other factors is not allowed and will be penalized with the disqualification of the tournament.
- If there is a doubt in a given game situation, Rule 3-3 (playing a second ball) will apply.
- The competition committee will be nominated by the organization in each tournament and will be made up of at least one representative of the production company and one representative of SURA.
- Every player must maintain faultless conduct during the tournament and comply with R & A approved golf rules.
- Attire should be appropriate to Golf etiquette. It is appropriate to wear long pants (no jeans) or long shorts (no short shorts or ripped/cut jeans) and a shirt with a collar and sleeves.
- The committee reserves the right to modify the rules at any time and always in favor of the best operation of the tournament.
- The production company and SURA reserve the right to use the images and videos for advertising purposes without further authorization of the participants of the different tournaments of this circuit.